Monday, January 15, 2007

My Paradigm Shift

I haven't taken any time to meditate on my word for 2007 -- dare. I have this on my to do list. I maybe even do an altered project using letters that spell out dare.

I've started Stacy Julian's Library of Memories online class at Big Picture Scrapbooking. It was a difficult decision to register for the class because it's pricey -- $85. I've read her book, The Big Picture... Scrapbook Your Life and a Whole Lot More , and found it was a paradigm shift for me. I was intrigued by her methods and approach to scrapbooking. I probably could figure out how to scrapbook her way in time using the book and her magazine, Simple Scrapbooks. But, I after reading some raving reviews from regular scrapbookers and deciding that I'd rather have a coach to focus me on my journey, I shelled out the $$. I hope it's worth it.

The first step in her method is to organize your pictures using her system. Man oh man this has been a lot of work. One of the hardest part has been to get off my keester and do the work! Next, was trying to find the organizational products at a price I was willing to pay. I finally got past both of these obstacles and I'm rolling. I bought all of the available albums that Michael's had and asked for a rain check. AC Moore didn't have any of these albums. I paid too much for them at Kohl's; I'm going to return those bad boys.

My studio disorganization is bothering me. I need some shelves to store the last stuff I want to include in my room. I'll probably have some put in my closet and some for my papers. But, I need to pace myself so I don't go broke trying to do it all at once. I still need to finish painting the bulk head (I think that's what it's called) and chalk and paint the inside of my closet. I'm just so happy to have my space I've gotten lazy about the finishing details.

Me and some friends got together and cropped a few weekends back. I'll post a picture later.

No comments: