Monday, August 11, 2008

I've been distracted & on a tangent

I've been exploring the realm of altered books, art journals, and bookbinding. On my last post I showed you the beginning of my altered book where I glued together several pages and applied gesso as a base. Here's the progression of one page from that point:I haven't adhered the text and all of the chipboard letters because I think I want to apply a wash and decide upon a focal point. Here's another page which I'm thinking I'll leave as is.
I've started to alter one of my journals as well. Here are some pages before adding my journal entries.

I want to become more comfortable with layering, collaging, and binding. There are a ton of videos on YouTube that show all of these techniques. Thank God for generous people.

No comments: