Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

(NOTE: This was a post I meant to publish in February 2011. Somehow, I forgot about it so the information about the Sale-A-Bration event is out-of-date and has ended. Sorry folks.)

I've come full circle. I first started using rubber "art" stamps in 1995. It gave me a way to express my creativity without knowing how to paint or draw. I progressed from being a stamping neophyte to becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. When Stampin' Up! added scrapbooking products, I resisted the urge to go in that direction. I was enjoying stamping by itself. However, my customers were asking about scrapbooking. I reluctantly started teaching scrapbooking techniques. After a while, I enjoyed preserving my photo memories so much I decided to focus on scrapbooking by becoming a Creative Memories Consultant. After a few years of scrapbooking with Creative Memories, other companies started offering more products and variety. I wanted to expand my creative potential and use the explosion of products coming on the market. I turned to Memory Works and became a representative. I immersed my self in scrapbooking, hosted crops, attended crops, and met many wonderful women along the way.

After a time, personal issues took center stage and my business was put on hold. I stopped hosting crops. I slowed down attending crops. Life was getting a little too crazy.

Fast forward a couple of years, I returned to rubber stamping as a creative and theraputic outlet. Stamping is easy, quick, and produces beautiful results with a minimum of deliberation needed. I started attending Stampin' Up! club meetings held by Monica Reynolds. She approached me a couple of times about becoming a demonstrator again. She knew that I was once one back when the company celebrated its 10th anniversary. Months passed and I sat on the fence, not really interested in becoming a demonstrator. After Monica returned from a Leadership conference held by the company, she shared an amazing opportunity that was being offered. I could sign up as a demonstrator risk free. WELL, if you put it that way......

Yes! I am now a Stampin' Up Demonstrator once again after a 15-year hiatus. Now, I need to kick off my "new" business by introducing our once-a-year Sale-A-Bration event. It's a great time to order Stampin' Up! products and get free products as well. For every $50 you order (pre-tax and pre-shipping & handling), you can receive free stamp sets, paper, or other products from a special selection.

No comments: