Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's a wonderful start to another year. I thank God that He continues to bless me, my family, and my friends. With the Lord's help, I survived 2011 through all of the twists and turns and I look forward to what 2012 has to offer.

I've decided to do a 21-day spiritual fast along with a small group of women. We're loosely following the Greater Mount Calvary Holy Church (note the church link to the left leads to the site where an audio message automatically plays) 21 Days in God's Presence Corporate Prayer and Fasting. I say loosely because each person will fast according to what the Spirit leads her to do. However, we will all follow the same scriptures as listed in the 21 Days in God's Presence.

Our group decided to meet once a week, preferably in person, to share our revelations, discuss our experiences, and be accountable. Since all of us are full time workers, it is challenging to find a time to meet. But, with a tool like Doodle it makes it easier to identify a time that works for the majority of participants.

I've decided to follow a much stricter fasting regimen. It is similar to what is discussed on Susan Gregory's blog. Basicly, I've committed to a vegan eating plan with additional restrictions such as nothing deep fried, no artificial anything, and no added sugar. As this is my second year on this fast, I know what to expect and what are some potential pitfalls.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you and hope this can help someone else along the way.

Be Blessed,
Lela

1 comment:

Joy said...

Thanks for including the links to the 21 day ast and Doodle! I will definitely be reading these more closely.