Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I found this on Adrienne Nixon's blog ...

March 17, 2007

I didn't know black people knit...

YEs you read that correctly. I could not WAIT to get to a computer to be able to tell you guys about this. I had to go get some tires on Friday morning, and I am sitting in the lobby....minding my OWN business. I think at this point in the morning, I was emailing Robin...HI ROBIN lol, anyway. I was knitting away on my next project...MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS, and this white lady comes in (MAYBE around 50 yrs old) and she looked at me and said....
I DIDN'T KNOW BLACK PEOPLE KNIT.
WTF? OMG. It took ALL I could not to get completly GHETTO on her ass. ALL I COULD! I told her knitting wasn't about black or white. Damn, I do have hands don't I? OMG! It totally felt like a slap in the face. Like just because I'm "BLACK" means I can't do certain things. There is a yarn store here, that I don't go into for that VERY reason. They did NOT treat me right when I went in for the first time. I have NOT been back. My money is VERY green, and I will take my black behind, with my GREEN money and spend it where it's appreciated. What an ASS. So for those of you that don't think racisim exists??? It does and some of us deal with it EVERY single day. EVERY DAY. So what are your thoughts on this? Chime in.

No comments: