Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More organizing and working on some Christmas cards

I found these cute little wooden clothes pins at the Dollar Tree the other day. I thought these would be perfect to store some of my ribbon on. I saw this idea in M's one day but thought they were charging too much for the ribbon on pins. So, now I have some of my ribbon on clothes pins and some on embroidery floss cards



and all stored in glass cracker jars on my ladder shelves.


While at M's I picked up this idea sheet in Martha's aisle. She made poinsettia tags using one of her leaf stamps. What a cute idea! So, I used my 50% off coupon to buy the stamp, which came with two different leaf images. This is the image she used for the poinsettias.


Martha's idea sheet instructed me to use silver ink to stamp the image onto red paper or cardstock. I decided I wanted to use gold ink with gold embossing powder for a raised image instead. So, I broke out my dusty embossing gun and powder (which must be at least 10 years old each) and got to work.


I stamped seven petals for each flower.

Cut the petals out and mounted them in circle shape onto a 2" square cardstock using foam adhesive tape to add some dimension. Even so, I don't think there's enough height. Maybe I need to use higher foam tape. Or, just skip the tape altogether.


For the flower centers, I used my Xyron machine to add adhesive on both sides of yellow cardstock. I removed the adhesive from one side and added Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, pressing it down to make sure it stuck to the adhesive. I shook off any extra glitter and poured it back into the jar.


I then punched out 3/4" circles to use as the centers of the flowers. On some flowers I added a rhinestone flower on top of the yellow center. On one flower I tried to punch several smaller yellow dots to mount on top of the 3/4" yellow center. That was too much work and I didn't like the look after all. I tried to salvage this center by adding diamond glaze. Yuck, but passable. I've got to figure out how I want to finish the cards. I'll probably mount them onto a square card, add some ribbon and a greeting inside and call it a day.


I decided to try a different design and came up with this card. I like this look and Miss Diva thought it was too cute. I think I'll make a bunch more.

No comments: