Friday, August 24, 2007

It's going to be a hot one today.

I think I heard it’s supposed to get into the 90s today. Yuck. And, it’s nearly 100% humidity. Double yuck. This is one thing I can do without living here. Heat and humidity is not my thing. These are the times I miss my dear San Diego. I love the 80 degree weather with ZERO humidity. It doesn’t that one of my favorite beaches, Mission Beach, was about 30 minutes away from where I lived. Oh, let me stop talking about San Diego before I get teary eyed.

I bought this thermos from Starbucks during our trip to Canada. I’ve wanted a thermos type thing to use during lunch in the office. But, I wasn’t planning on spending this much on one. However, after stopping at one of those big, multipurpose rest areas for a drink and restroom break, I just *had* to stop by Starbucks for an iced chai tea with soy. Yum. While standing in line I began admiring their pricey collection of travel mugs and thermoses. This one spoke to me and said, “I know you want to take me home and admire my beautiful lines and finish,” as only a piece of art would say. Plus, I get a lifetime discount on refills using my thermos, which amounts to getting a venti size for the price of a grande. I didn’t jump on it though. It took a couple of rest area stops before I broke down and bought it. I rationalized that the lifetime discount I would get on my iced chai teas with soy would actually pay this little gem off (in about 10 years).

I have this goal of trying to drink a pitcher of water each day during work. I bought this Brita pitcher to use for this purpose. I don’t like straight out-of-the-tap water. It has a terrible taste. As an added bonus, our office bought this super duper water filter system that’s attached to our tap. So, I get double filtered water to drink. They say that drinking sufficient amounts of clean water can prevent and cure so many ills. Can you imagine that some people actually drink too much water? They’re called aquaholics. Now, that’s interesting. I doubt I’d ever turn into one of them though.

I think I’ll go out for lunch today. I usually bring lunch but I didn’t take time to pack something last night. Off for a lunch time field trip in the hot, humid weather. Great.

No comments: