Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Card Making Ideas

You can get some card ideas from manufacturer web sites such as:

Stampin' Up!

Close To My Heart

Stampendous!

Hero Arts

Inkadinkado

Inque Boutique

EK Success

DeNami Designs

Technique Tuesday

You can also check out some online stamper communities such as

Splitcoaststampers

Two Peas In A Bucket

Stamp n' Scrap

And, of course there are a ton of blogs which feature stamp ideas. One of my favorites is KWernerDesign. She also has a great 3-part Q & A about her card making and technology use. Check it out: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. I like her design style because it's simply cute and easy to replicate.

Someone asked me how do I use foam stamps. I use them with acrylic paints to stamp images on cards, scrapbook pages, and craft projects. I used foam stamps to stamp words onto my cork bulletin board in my studio. This is a video from Making Memories on how to use foam stamps. I use the wood handled foam brush instead of the one shown in the video. I also rinse them out and reuse them until they fall apart. Why waste supplies and pollute the environment unnecessarily?

No comments: