Thursday, May 1, 2008

I wanted to share some thrifty tips

I read in one of the scrapbooking magazines that you can take this
cut it into strips, run both sides (top and bottom) through this
to make an alternative to this


I haven't done the math but I betcha that this homemade version is a lot cheaper than the pre-made version. And, you can make the foam adhesive in a bunch of different colors to coordinate with your projects! How neat is that? Just think I was going to get rid of a stack of fun foam (that I had for over a year) because I didn't know what to do with it. I hurried up, dug it out, and started cranking out homemade 3D foam adhesive.

Did you know that you can take an EK Success Corner Rounder Adorner punch, remove the plastic guard around the base, and then use the punch to create scallop edges on your paper or cardstock? I've been wanting to do this for a bit and finally bought this punch. It works but it takes patience and practice to line up punches right. Now I can make scalloped edges out of any paper for cheap!

You can keep paper scraps and use them to create cards. I try to keep pieces that are at least 3 3/4". If I have a lot of larger pieces, I cut them into 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" rectangles which are a perfect size mat for 4" x 6" photographs. I keep a stack of them ready to use whenever I want to mat a photo. This saves time, money, and makes the most of paper scraps.

1 comment:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing the Fun Foam tip; I have some of that laying around! :D