Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cards and creative ideas

Here are the masculine graduation thank you cards I talked about on June 5. Like I said, they are simple, easy-to-do, and will work great for my son's thank you notes.
I put my name on the back of the cards
and he liked this design the best.
I used the following products to make these cards:
  • Stampin' Up! scallop punch (my current favorite),
  • Stampin' Up! naturals cardstock, card base
  • Die Cuts With A View black cardstock
  • red scrap cardstock
  • Sugarloaf Inc., Stampin' Up!, and Paper Angel stamps
  • Whipers archival dye ink pads in black and sepia
  • unknown brands of ribbon
I made different thank you notes to introduce our new product catalog. These cards are made out of
They're tiny--about 2" x 4".
I found these neat pads of paper in the dollar section of Michael's. There's a to do list that's organized into home, work, & play. A to do list organized by deadlines (today, tomorrow, weekend, near future, someday, maybe never):

A pad to help you make tough decisions:
A pad for the children to keep track of their homework:
Something to help me plan my scrapbook/cardmaking/papercrafting projects:
And, my favorite pad--the children's chore list:
There are similar pads available at See Jane Work site here, here, and here. But, the price is very different, as you can see.

I've decided to set up an online shop to sell my handmade cards, books, and other paper crafts. It'll probably be through Etsy. I'm trying to come up with a name for my shop. If you have any ideas, please leave a comment. I'd be interested in seeing what others come up with.

Finally, I'm still going through stuff for things to sell on eBay. So far I have three baskets.
I need to get rid of these things so I can have a neat and orderly studio.

No comments: