Monday, June 23, 2008

GASC Aftermath

Well, I'm back from the Great American Scrapbook Convention that was held in Chantilly, Virginia. I had a great time. E.V. and I stayed for the weekend at a hotel. Natalie and Joy came up on Saturday and stayed in the room next door. It was so relaxing to hang out with friends.

I did really good with not overspending this ,ear (unlike last year). I looked for the clearance and dollar items. I made out with some great deals like 40 sheets of Heidi Swapp chipboard letters for $9 (less than $1 per pack!), Daisy D's paper packs for $2 and $4, and accordion albums for $1.

I didn't see any techniques or make and takes that I thought were intriguing. I didn't take any classes or go to the crops this time. Instead, I spent the evening working on projects in our spacious hotel room. We had a two bedroom suite with a living room, eating area, kitchen, dressing room, and bathroom. Since Joy and Natalie were next door, we were able to visit and chat the night away. I can't wait until next year to do it all again.

I was surfing the Internet and found this great idea on how to make your own scallop card mat using a Nestabilities die in a Cuttlebug machine. I wonder if these dies will work on the original Sizzix machine that I own? I really don't want to buy another die cutting machine.

I've been working on plans to start a shop on Etsy to sell my cards, handmade books, and albums. I've been soliciting ideas from my friends and family members for a shop name and researching pricing. There's quite a bit of research involved which can be distracting especially since I love to surf the Internet for information.

I may post pictures later of the deals I got at the convention. Until then, I hope you have a happy scrappy day!

No comments: