Monday, September 22, 2008

Back and at home sick

I developed congestion and a cough while in Sacramento. Now that I think of it, Little Miss was sick last week Sunday and I shared a drink with her. So, those bugs percolated in my system and reared their ugly heads while I was on my trip. There's nothing worse than being away from home sick and then having to fly 4 - 5 hours. Have you ever experienced an exploding head from being congested during descent and ascent of a plane? When I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep for 48 hours straight. Unfortunately, life had other plans.

I got back from Sacramento at 2 a.m. on Saturday. Little Miss had a soccer game at 10:15 a.m. I'm co-team mom for Miss Diva's team which meant bringing the snacks for the game. Thankfully, I had already bought the snacks. I asked my family to cut the oranges and freeze the drinks before I got home. Well, the drinks were cold but none of the oranges were cut. So, I had to get up early to cut 20 oranges into 8 sections each, pack the cooler, and leave instructions for distribution. The girls had games at two different parks at the same time so had to split up. Miss Diva's team won 2 to 1. Little Miss' team tied at 2. Good news on both parts.

After the game, I went straight to bed and slept, coughed, and slept. My illness developed flu-like symptoms--chills one hour and then a fever the next. I knew I just had to let it work through my system, with the help of over-the-counter meds to relieve some of the discomfort. Interestingly, Miss Diva also tasted the Little Miss' drink but she didn't get sick. Obviously, my immune system isn't as strong as Miss Diva's.

I slept for the rest of Saturday. I hoped to feel well enough so I can get my yard sale stuff on Sunday. Well, that didn't happen. Again, life had different plans for me. I actually felt worse and Sunday was the last day to pick up my unsold stuff before it got donated on Monday. Yikes! I was in panic mode. I hoped my son or husband could drive me to Scrapdoodles so I can at least get my stuff. Unfortunately, my son had to work and my husband had a previous commitment, which he wanted to keep. What's a girl supposed to do? This is when I wished I had some sisters who lived near me, who I could depend on.

I took my fill of non-drowsy meds and drove 1 1/2 hours, windows down, radio blasting to get my stuff. I was pleasantly surprised to see that $111 and about 1/2 of my stash sold. Yeah! More money to spend of stuff. I dragged myself through the store until I spent all of that $111 dollars. I bought six packs of these

a couple of Bazzill In Stitch'z templates and piercing mat, and some acrylic stamps. I was good not to overspend more than $5 over what I sold.

I still want to sell my remaining stuff. I've got to figure out how.

No comments: