Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Isn't she a cutie?

My husband found this little cutie running stray in his friend's neighborhood. She was dehydrated, malnourished, and infested with fleas and worms and only 8 weeks old. After a visit to the vet, she was good as new. Little Miss named her Honey. Of course, the children swore they would care for and train Honey. After a few weeks, it was apparent that they could not keep up with that responsibility. We found Honey a new home -- at my in-laws! Now, we can enjoy her anytime but not have to be responsible 24 hours a day. What a great relief. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

The favors I made for my friend's retirement party went well. They were 2" aluminum tins with a see through top. I wrapped the sides with coordinating ribbons, affixed a small flower or button at the seam of the top ribbon, and then adorned the tops with buttons, flowers, brads, and ribbons. In all I had three different designs I used.I think everyone else enjoyed them too. I bought a bottle of Prima flowers to use on the favors. The bottle contained a mix of white washed, polka dots, and monochromatic flowers of various sizes. I just love how they look! I almost didn't want to use them on the favors.

I'm going to Sacramento on a business trip for a few days. When I return, there will be soccer games on Saturday and on Sunday I have to pick up my stuff that didn't sell at the Scrapdoodles yard sale. I had 126 things for sale. Oooo, I can't wait to see how much $ I made.

No comments: