Sunday, July 15, 2007

An exhausting but fun weekend

Yesterday I had my first "big" crop at home. I planned for a maximum of 24 croppers and three vendors. I was going to use two levels of the home to have enough room for everyone. In the end I had nine scrappers and three vendors for 12 hours. Unfortunately, three canceled and one didn't show. That would have brought my total to 13 croppers.

I served breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts with beverages all day. There were 12 door prizes, goodie bags, four make and take classes, shopping, and lots of scrapping. From all accounts, it seemed that everyone had a great time. I couldn't have done it without the help of my family. Thank you for all of your help and support!! I love you a bunches! I also want to give a shout out to my friends who have supported me and showed me love through out the years as I try to find my path to my purpose. It was a ton of work but I had a BLAST. Now, if I can get a good base of customers I can expand my event and really roll. I'll try to post pictures later.

The weather's been stifling hot except for yesterday and Friday when it reminded me of the mild San Diego weather. I loved it.

I'm going public with my blog. Previously, it was a private blog for friends and family. I was a little creeped out about the possibility of some internet predator getting a hold of my family's pictures and doing some unmentionable things with them. I don't know how celebrity can live with so much exposure and lack of privacy. Anyway, I removed their pictures and names so that I can go live and talk to the world. I'm excited and hope I can meet some more scrappers out there.

Time to go and I hope to post again soon.,

No comments: