Sunday, July 29, 2007

A general update

I went to back-to-back crops this weekend. I attended a 7 hour crop Friday night and then a 4 hour crop Saturday. I didn't even unpack or take my bags out of my car from Friday since I was going back out the next day. I'm not sure but I think I was experiencing crop overload by the end of the crop yesterday. But, as my desire had it, I came home and cropped some more later on Saturday evening. Yes, I'm truly a scrapaholic.



Little Miss had been obssessed with playing Kingdom Hearts Playstation 2 video game. It features Disney characters and movies throughout the game. But, there's a lot of violence in it. I always thought Disney movies were supposed to be family-oriented and non-violent.?I must have missed the change along the way. Is this change for Disney a sign of our times?



I've been procrastinating about posting more pictures of my projects. It just isn't as easy as I'd like it to be to post pictures so I procrastinate. I'm trying to unlearn this habit by taking a FranklinCovey course called FOCUS: Achieving Your Highest Priorities. Actually, the problem is much bigger than just procrastinating. I've been overwhelmed, scattered, unorganized, and unfocused for weeks now. It's been a real problem that I've been wanting to get under control so I signed up for this seminar. I took their 7 Habits course eons ago and it helped tremendously. But, over the years I stopped using their system. I think I may need to take that course again.

Did I mention that I finished reading the latest Harry Potter book? Yep, I read all 700+ pages in about one week in my spare time. Ha, ha! Smartie Pants read it in less than 24 hours! It was a wonderful read. J.K. Rowling has an enormously creative mind to be able to create an entire world, complex characters, and a story line all in one. I think I read she's the richest woman in Britain. No duh. She's an inspiration for all of those single mothers struggling to make ends meet because she was able to make it from there to being hugely successful.

That's it for now.

No comments: