Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm back and in the middle of a mess

I'm back from Atlanta ahead of some serious thunderstorms -- thank God. The day before I arrived in Atlanta, a tornado hit the downtown area just a few blocks away from where I was staying.

Well, my trip to an Atlanta scrapbook store was far from spectacular. I was hoping to get the latest Aby Garvey and Wendy Smedley organization book. Apparently, the store got it when the book was first released and then it sold out. Hmmmm, maybe it's just me but I would think that if a book sold out then it must be a popular item, right? Following this logic, then maybe if it were re-stocked the book just may sell when again, right? So, why didn't they have the book? (Don't mind me. I'm just whining because I couldn't get the book.) What's a scrapbooker, with money to spend, supposed to do? I guess I'll need to order it online.

I found a tutorial to make a mini album on Splitcoaststampers using name badge holders. I found some variations on Two Peas In A Bucket here, here, and here. Just think of the possibilities using your scraps and odd pieces.

I watch Scrapbook Memories on PBS and found that they have online tutorials.

I have this HUGE mess in my scraproom. (I'll post pictures separately.) As I mentioned, I'm trying to re-organize. So far, I have a couple of boxes of stuff that will go into a yard sale. Even so, my table, half of the floor, and outside my room is covered with stuff that needs to be organized, stored, or marked for sale. It's bothering me to see my room in such disarray. I want it all to be neat, organized, and inviting RIGHT NOW. It's taking me days, weeks, and possibly months to get it together. Until then, I'll be a grumpy little scrapbooker.

2 comments:

**Marilyn** said...

{uugh}u should see my scrapspace.
surprise surprise it's a tip again.
Pls tell Me where do u go to sell All ur extras? I always buy in dbls and 3x's and I NEED to get rid of My extras.

Unknown said...

I'm trying to sell my stuff at local crops that allow croppers to bring their used stuff for sale. I hold a crop at my house where I'll put the stuff out. I've listed them on a Maryland scrapbooking Yahoo group list. Depending upon what's left, I'll go to something like Craig's List, eBay, Freecycle, or donate them somewhere else. We'll see.