It all started here
I had accumulated weeks of mess by not putting away projects and supplies in an increasingly disorganized and dysfunctional space. I was paralyzed by the chaos. I could not create. I reached my limit. Something had to give. And, so it began...the cleaning, the sorting, and the purging. Armed with my new tools (the organization books I talked about March 2) and my hope for a better place, I started the arduous task of re-thinking and re-creating my space.
Days turned into weeks and my anxiety grew because I could not create. But then it came, so slowly and slyly I did not recognize it at first. I could see some glimmer of hope. I could imagine a new space. I could actually see the floor! Yes, I can get back my sanity. Yes, I can recover my sanctuary. Yes, I can create a functional space.
So, after much toiling, store coupons, and many trips to local craft stores, my work is coming to an end. I have sorted, organized, and went through most of my stuff and decided that these things have to go. Here you see boxes of supplies that I'm selling, almost all of it for $5 and less.
There are still boxes of stuff that need to be sorted.
And a couple of odds and ends here and there.
But, for the most part I've created a space that will support my creating.
Here, I unveil the new additions to my studio....
Thank God for 50% off coupons and at-the-right time sales. I was able to get most of these cubes at 43% - 50% off retail price. I ended up buying 14 cubes (some are to the left out of the picture frame) and have six more on a raincheck (I'm not sure I'll be getting them). I went to Ikea to get the reed baskets that fit perfectly on the shelves. I'm sure I'll be moving things around until I get a system that works perfectly for me. But, I'm loving my new shelves.
To treat my stress (throughout this process) without spending a lot of money (those cubes were expensive enough) I frequented the dollar and clearance spots at M's, AC's, and J's and found some gems.
I also took some time to create which I find so relaxing. I made a few cards using my scraps.
and this design with some variations.
And, although I didn't make the next item during my purging period, I wanted to share it too. This project came as a kit from Club Scrap. Everything, except adhesive, was included (chipboard pieces, paper, ribbon, instructions). I didn't like the Club Scrap paper so I substituted paper from my stash. I love the results.
I'm having a crop this weekend where I hope to find new homes for my excess stuff. If you're in the Accokeek, Maryland area please stop by and shop. Until next week....