Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Twenty Holiday Questions





















Here's a fun quiz to add to your Christmas scrapbook pages, compliments of Katie the Scrapbook Lady. I would love to see some of your answers as well. Here's what I said:

Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped presents

Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White

Do you hang mistletoe?
No

When do you put up your decorations?
As soon as we can after Thanksgiving.

What is your favorite holiday dish?
Everything!

Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Watching the animated Christmas stories on TV such as The Little Drummer Boy , Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer , Frosty the Snowman , and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

When and how did you learn that Santa isn’t real?
I don’t remember.

Can you ice skate?
Yes, but barely.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to do this until I decide to simplify Christmas and give only two gifts to each child. I may consider allowing them to open the gifts in their Christmas stockings on Christmas Eve. I’ll need to discuss this with their dad.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
The children mostly decorate the tree. We have handmade and store bought ornaments on the tree along with white lights and ribbon bows. Some years I remember to buy wrapped candy canes to decorate the tree.

Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it!

What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
To spend time with my family doing meaningful activities such as decorating our gingerbread houses, hand painting tree ornaments, and baking.

Do you remember your favorite gift?
I think my favorite gift, next to my youngest daughter who was born 4 days before Christmas, would be an easy bake oven in the late 1960s.

What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Hey, I’m a dessert gal. I love most anything chocolate, cherry cheesecake, and Grandma’s sweet potato pie.

What tops your tree?
A capiz shell star made in the Philippines.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I have several favorite traditions which include making Christmas ornaments, decorating gingerbread houses, watching the 1960s Christmas movie videos, and opening Christmas gifts at our home and then going to the Grandparents’ house to open gifts there later on.

Which do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
Giving, of course!

What is your favorite Christmas song?
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus from The Jackson 5 Christmas Album . Actually, I like all of the songs on there as well as all of the songs on A Motown Christmas.

Candy canes on the tree?
Whenever I can remember to buy them.

2 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Actually, neither

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Both

Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White. Or is that clear?

Do you hang mistletoe?
No

When do you put up your decorations?
As soon as I can....usually about the 2nd week of Dec

What is your favorite holiday dish?
Everything!

Favorite holiday memory as a child? I absolutely love "A Christmas Story" Its the story about a young boy and his desire to get a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas. I've been watching it since I was a young whipper snapper! I too enjoyed the animated Christmas stories on TV such as The Little Drummer Boy, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman. Also, A Charlie Brown Christmas!

When and how did you learn that Santa isn’t real?
I don’t think my parents ever pushed the idea of Santa Clause.

Can you ice skate?
Yes!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I dont worry about getting Christmas presents. I LOVE to shop all year long. Its nice though to get something special on the Eve of Christmas. Its romantic!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I usually let Jacob do it. We put anything he wants on it. Also, when im on travel, I collect ornaments from the places I go. So every year, there's something new!

Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it!

What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with the family and then ending the holidays. Holidays can be emotionally and physically taxing for me.

Do you remember your favorite gift?
My paternal grandmother gave me a handmade cabbage patch "like" doll that I still have!

What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Chocolate Cake

What tops your tree?
A star.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Waking up christmas morning and watching my son open his gifts.

Which do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
Giving. But reveiving ain't bad!

What is your favorite Christmas song?
Grandma got ran over by a reindeer!

Candy canes on the tree?
Nah. If I did that, I would eat them all! I love the taste of peppermint!

Unknown said...

i heard what you said about me being a blogger. what *exactly* are you talking about?