Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What a wonderful Christmas

The children were nice enough not to wake us up before 8:00 am on Christmas day. They patiently waited while watching a Star Trek movie on TV.
We gathered around the tree and the children sorted and handed out the gifts. This year the two oldest children wanted mega expensive gifts so they were limited to the one mega gift (including accessories) and their stocking stuffers. The gift opening frenzy started.
Our son got this with insurance (a must have for him) and power adapter:

Our oldest girl got this along with a music kit, a bling'd cell phone pouch, and a memory card:


And, the youngest got these






Even China got some cat treats which our youngest placed a few on the rug for the cat to eat. Shhh, don't tell the vet. China's supposed to be on a diet.



And, I got this, a Cricut machine:



Okay, it might not look like much but I've waited for this little puppy for over a year! It's an electronic die cutting machine and I'm loving it. The price wasn't right until this month. I got to used it to make thank you cards for the Christmas gifts. Here are the cards I've made so far:



For the non-scrapbookers, I used the Cricut to create the "thanks" on these cards. Can you imagine trying to hand trace and then cut out these words with a scissors? It would take forever and would probably look jacked!

While the children played with their gifts, hubby and I resumed cooking our part of Christmas dinner (potato salad, chocolate chip cookies, and brownies) to take over grandma's and grandpa's (my in-laws) and I cooked lumpia on-site. Hubby's known for his potato salad and I'm the desserts and lumpia person. The extended family met over there for dinner.

Man, can my in-laws cook! They're originally from Louisiana and they bring the best of Southern cooking with them. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the spread but we had loads of food which I stuffed myself with. There was lumpia, ham, fried turkey, cornbread dressing, macaroni and cheese, greens, candied yams, potato salad, okra with shrimp, gumbo with rice, cranberry sauce, rolls, a fruit tray, pineapple-coconut cake, yellow cake with chocolate frosting, chocolate chip cookies, triple chocolate brownies, cheesecake, and various store bought candies. Everything was made from scratch except for the candies. Can you believe that? Of course we have left overs for days....

All but one grandchild were at my in-laws for Christmas. We had a stand in though--a cousin--who joined the group that day.

We are very blessed to have so much love, good health, and happiness sprinkled throughout our family. Christmas is all about family, love, and sharing good cheer. I hope you had a blessed day as well.

No comments: