Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am obsessed with calendars.

I don't know what it is about calendars. But, I love them. I think it's the organized, logical, straight little boxes on the page that fascinate me. I can never have too many calendars around the house. 


About 5 years ago, I decided to make my own calendar pages to use for my family's schedule and then save in a scrapbook album. I include short newspaper articles on the page adjacent to each month. I want my descendants to see what a typical month was for our family within a typical month around the nation or world.


My friend Kim liked the idea and asked if I would make her calendar pages too. Then, our friend Renee wanted pages too. Maybe I should set up shop? Hmmm.


Depending upon my mojo, I make 3 - 4 months at a time.Each month includes a scripture and sometimes an inspirational quote.  Here are January, February, and March 2011 calendar pages.

 January's scripture is:

Proverbs 4:23-24 (New International Version, ©2010)

23 Above all else, guard your heart,
   for everything you do flows from it.
24 Keep your mouth free of perversity;
   keep corrupt talk far from your lips. 

"January" is made with American Craft thickers (or a close imitation). The original blue was too bright for the look I wanted.  So, I sponged tan paint onto the letters to tone down the color. (Did you notice that I didn't get to the "11" in 2011? LOL)


I bought this Spellbinders Shapeabilities set on clearance at A.C. Moore for $8(?). I used it to make the snowflakes for January.




I've been enamored by shiny little things lately. As a result, much of my work has taken on glitter and rhinestones.






February's scripture is:

Ephesians 5:5 (New International Version, ©2010)

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.


March's scripture is:

Proverbs 4:18-19 (New International Version, ©2010)

 18 The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
   shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness;
   they do not know what makes them stumble.





I hope you enjoy!

No comments: