Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm nearing the end of a spiritual fast.

""...we are a spirit, we have a soul and we live in a body." -- Susan Gregory


Last year I joined Lighthouse Baptist Church. I discovered that the church goes on a fast every January. I'm not sure how many years they have been practicing this but this is my first year.  It's called the Daniel fast after what is described in Daniel 10:2-3.This biblical fast is refraining from food for a spiritual purpose.

Our pastor instructs us that according to the Bible, there are three duties of every Christian. We are to give, pray, and fast (see Matthew 6). We focus our prayers and eat only certain foods. 


There are a number of scriptures we use during our fast. These are:
The food we can eat are all things vegan except:
  • sweeteners, natural and artificial
  • leavened breads
  • refined foods
  • deep fried foods
  • solid fats
  • anything artificial and processed
  • any beverage but purified or filtered water.
Specific details are listed on this Daniel Fast blog

I'll post my thoughts and revelations about my experience after the fast has concluded. I'd be interested in hearing what others think who have been on or considered the fast.

No comments: